How To Watch Netflix In China
Netflix is home to so many blockbuster hits that it is impossible to imagine a life without it. Though that is true, Netflix has been facing considerable difficulty in penetrating into the Chinese market – with such strict censorship on what can be shown, and with competition from local streaming websites. This situation exists despite of that fact that one of the originals of Netflix, House of Cards, was widely loved in the very same country that has banned it. All that being said, there is still an effective way to get around the censorship and monitoring controls placed over the Internet, including those that belong to Netflix, to access your favorite shows in China. Here is how to watch Netflix in China.
DNS stands for Domain Name Servers. These servers act like phonebooks of the Internet that maintain a ledger that contains IP addresses of each domain name. Normally, we would type the name of a website in the address bar of a browser. It would then need to be converted into its respective IP address for the server to be able to return the data to you – this conversion is handled by the DNS.
How can DNS enable Netflix in China?
There are some URLs that have the capability to detect where the traffic is coming from. Netflix is one of them – which is what enables it to show you regional content only. You can register with a DNS service provider that enables you to modify your virtual geolocation to trick Netflix into believing you are from another part of the world. Here is how a smart DNS relocation service can help you.
• The DNS service provider software are very easy to set up. After installation, all that is left to do is to change your DNS server. You can reconfigure your router and change the DNS codes there, and you are done.
• It supports nearly all devices, with the exception of a few tricky ones.
• You have a hoard of DNS options available with you – enabling you to choose any location on earth as your virtual presence. You can get the content of any country on Netflix this way.
• Many channels are unlocked all at once – meaning that you are not docked at one place, rather omnipresent!
• All your domestic sites still work.
There can be nothing better than DNS when it comes to accessing Netflix in China. However, there is one downside to using this method: your data is not encrypted. If someone came snooping around, things could get out of hand. Many people still do it, though, and hardly get caught. It is worth a shot!