Cloud Computing and IT Infrastructure Service
What is Cloud Computing?
Cloud computing is an on-demand service that has obtained mass appeal in corporate data centers. The cloud enables the data center to operate like the Internet and computing resources to be accessed and shared as virtual resources in a secure and scalable manner.
The Cloud offers three primary services, which can be matched as per your unique requirements in Cloud Computing:
1- SaaS: Software as a service (SaaS) is a software distribution model in which a third-party provider hosts applications and makes them available to customers over the Internet.
2- PaaS: Platform as a service (PaaS) is a complete development and deployment environment in the cloud, with resources that enable you to deliver everything from simple cloud-based apps to sophisticated, cloud-enabled enterprise applications.
3- IaaS: Infrastructure as a service (IaaS) is an instant computing infrastructure, provisioned and managed over the Internet.
Why cloud computing beneficial for small business?
– Always-on availability – Most cloud providers are extremely reliable in providing their services, with many maintaining 99.99% uptime.
– Improved mobility – Data and applications are available to employees no matter where they are in the world.
– Cloud computing is more cost effective – Because companies don’t have to purchase equipment and build out and operate a data center, they don’t have to spend significant money on hardware, facilities, utilities and other aspects of operations.
– Expenses can be quickly reduced – During times of recession or business cut-backs (like the energy industry is currently experiencing), cloud computing offers a flexible cost structure, thereby limiting exposure.
– Less environmental impact – With fewer data centers worldwide and more efficient operations, we are collectively having less of an impact on the environment. Companies who use shared resources improve their ‘green’ credentials.
What is IT infrastructure?
The term IT infrastructure is defined in ITIL v3 as a combined set of hardware, software, networks, facilities, etc. (including all of the information technology related equipment), used to develop, test, deliver, monitor, control or support IT services. Associated people, processes, and documentation are not part of IT Infrastructure.
What makes IT management so important and popular these days are its large numbers of advantages. These services optimize your IT infrastructure in order to meet all your business needs.
This IT infrastructure build service pertains to application-centricity, seller’s neutral approach and enterprise architecture methodologies in order to create and build a business aligned, strong and optimized IT environment for the businesses.
Few Companies offer such computing services, hence named as “Cloud Computing Providers/ Companies”. They charge its users for utilizing such services and the charges are based on their usage of services. Here are some companies name
– Amazon Web Service
– Microsoft Azure
– Google Cloud Platform
– IBM Cloud